Beats of Culture (BoC) Program
The Beats of culture (BoC) Music program focuses on the preservation of culture and language. BoC Music program supports both young Aboriginal and non Aboriginal people to explore, their cultural and linguistic heritage by telling their own stories through contemporary music and art forms. Whilst based at CDU in Darwin, BoC Music is also a travelling cultural learning and performance program providing and sharing opportunities and interactive informative entertainment to communities in the top end of the Northern Territory.
- Encourages cultural engagement through music for at–risk Aboriginal youth.
- Beats of culture music program provides a platform to expand on cultural heritage.
- Preserves, consolidates and expands existing indigenous language and literacy skills – many of the participants will speak English as their second or third language.
- Builds pride and acceptance in identity.
- Has the potential to incorporate art and dance within the music context.
BoC Session Schedule
BoC Music provides weekend workshops on remote communities to assist with beneficial activities. This entails basic production and recording and the encouragement of original music and song in language with the focus on development of cultural generational maintenance.
Interested in Booking a Program?
Why not set up an assessment for your Organisation or Business where we can demonstrate our program outcomes of Australian Youth? We will invite you to one of our events where your will get to experience one of our Programs .
Get in touch with us and we can help create opportunities for Australian Youth.